Saturday, June 7, 2008

New YouTube video

Nope, it's not the mystery project—yet—but I've put up a new video that shows the other things I've been working on over the last few months. The Jungle Cruise, Indy, Big Thunder, and It's a Small World are the main focuses.

9 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Great progress! The temple is looking good. Oh, Thunder Mt. is coming along nice too (my favorite attraction). Your work really is amazing, it’s going to be something very special when it’s finished. Will we common folks be able to “walk thru” your work when it’s finished? Will we need super computers in order to render the whole park?

Keep the fantastic work, your video’s are great too, boy do you have that program wired!

Datameister said...

Haha, thank you very much! =) As far as the model being interactive for the world to explore goes...well, I may put it up for download at some point. We'll see. It would indeed be quite taxing on even the best computers to explore the entirety of this model in a more complete form, though. I'd improve my layer management to break up the park into chunks so that people could just have the area they're exploring be visible.

Thanks again! =D

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Oh, I hope you didn't think I wanted your finished park for free... I would be happy to pay for it, as many other would I am sure. The Sims is $40 and people lineup to buy it, “Virtual Disneyland” would be a hit! (Let’s not think about the Mouse’s lawyers) Makes sense about breaking it into chunks, no need to render the entire park to see one area. Still amazed at your work, keep it up!

Datameister said...

Well, the thing is, I don't own copyrights to the subject matter, so selling it would be...tricky. =/ We'll see how it all plays out. I definitely appreciate your support, though. :D

Luke said...

Great work, Data! Hey would it be cool if I had a link on my blog that led to yours? Just though I'd get permission first...

Datameister said...

Thank you very much! Don't hesitate to post a link. The more traffic the merrier! =D

Wesley Ryan Davenport (WRD) said...

Whoa!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Ok, I keep coming back to find out what the "mystery project" is, inquiring minds want to know.... THANKS! Keep up the great work!

ps. have you seen Google earths 3D Walt Disney World? They have a new plug in that activates 3D in some areas (not DL in Anaheim) the WDW 3D isn't bad, not great either, but I get a small feel of how your "world" looks.... Here is the official Disney Link:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/flashPages/index?id=GoogleEarthPage&CMP=OTC-3dparksVanity

Datameister said...

Hehe, sorry about how long it's taken. I can confidently say that unless something exceedingly bizarre occurs, the mystery project should make its grand debut at ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.com this Sunday. =D I've been doing renders of the final model, and I'm quite pleased with it.

Thanks for mentioning the Google Earth WDW! I had indeed checked it out—it's very cool, though they more or less pretend backstage doesn't exist, which definitely isn't the modus operandi I prefer, as evidenced by the model I'm making. ;D