Reproducing a dark, imperfectly symmetrical temple is difficult when all you have to go off of are DVD screenshots in which key props may be moved between shots, thus making them useless for camera positioning reference. And that's all I have to say about that.
Okay, I lied. My big fat mouthfingers?just can't be stopped. This is the first public render of my Peruvian temple model. I actually decided to work backwards through the temple, starting with the relatively easy (or so I thought) chamber where Indiana Jones finds the Chachapoyan idol itself. I'll work my way backwards through the dart corridor leading up to it, the hall with the bottomless pit, the spike trap where Forrestal and Satipo were skewered, the entire rolling boulder cave, and finally the rather modest exterior (and perhaps the hill outside). Should be pretty fun, provided I don't get too anal about it. Still a LOT of work to do. We'll see how far this project goes...and hopefully, I won't stray too far from that other Indiana Jones project.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
http://us.dk.com/static/spreads/all/8/0/9780756635008L_060.jpg
Not sure if this helps but the layout has obviously been thought about a bit by other people too .. drawing is in the Dorling kindersly 'Ultimate Guide Book To Indiana Jones'. Good work on the temple so far! and your work on your virtual Disneyland :D
Ooh, great catch! Thanks so much for the link. Interesting take on the temple as a whole...a lot of it is pretty accurate, generally speaking, though I'm having a hard time understanding the artist's layout for the first tunnels, where the boulder rolls through. Thanks again!
Post a Comment