Firstly, I've been gone on a camping trip and a visit with some family, so my time for modeling has been very limited. The project hasn't been abandoned or anything, thoughI'm hoping to start a renewed effort on it in the coming week. The Raiders of the Lost Ark temple, however, is kinda stalling, since it's just so dang difficult to line up the camera angles perfectly. We'll see how far I get with that. Also in a holding pattern is that second never-built Haunted Mansion design. I've still got more work to do on it, but I'm just not "feeling it" right now. When inspiration strikes, I'll get back to work on it.
That leaves the queue for the Indiana Jones Adventure, my most current modeling challenge. The interior is progressing rather nicely; I hope I get to show off the spike room soon. The walls, ceilings, bamboo pole, and some of the bamboo along the pathall that's in place, but I still need to add the crucial spikes. I've modeled one, but I'm not so sure of the exact sizes and placements of the others...I may just have to make intelligent guesses, based on photos and video. =(
Though I have been too busy (and gone) for much modeling to happen, I'm happy to say that I most definitely have gotten something done to further its progress. Last night, I went to see WALL·E at Downtown Disney. I loved the movie, but you must understand that I didn't choose that particular theater for no reason...of COURSE I had to go sight-seeing! =D I got to watch a bit of the fireworks show over the roofline of the Indy show building, and then I took the tram to Mickey and Friends so I could snap some nighttime backstage shots from the top level. I can't offload the photos yet, but I'll certainly post 'em to Flickr once I can...probably Monday. And I'll do a post on this blog to show 'em off. Because honestly...I'd never seen long-exposure photos of the back-of-house areas while the fireworks were going off before, so I'm assuming you haven't either. ;)
Well, I suppose that's it for today. I'll leave you with a completely off-topic photo I'm rather proud of: a panoramic image of Lake Almanor, up in northern California. My recent camping trip was my first time at that particular lake, though I'd enjoyed many stays at other nearby bodies of water. This is a composite of six shots I took at dusk. Consider yourself forewarned...the original, which you'll have to click the Original link to view, is very large.
I'll see you all a little later...
4 comments:
Pretty magnificent stuff, Data! If you should need an image of the Eeyore parking lot sign, if you know what I mean, I got a great picture of it.
Thanks! Got a great shot of the Eeyore lot sign, huh? I've only taken one photo of it myself, and it was crap, but I've seen one amazing one on the net. I'd love to see yours! The more, the merrier! =D
Well the one I found was also from the internet, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one as yours. I uploaded it here.
Once again, I hope this helps!
Fantabulous! Thanks very much for the link. =D
Post a Comment