Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Pope house renders

Not much time for a lot of text tonight, but then again, I've pretty much said all I have to say about the Owen Pope house, between this blog and the renders on Flickr and the YouTube videos. So I'm just gonna point out two new renders of the area if you haven't seen them already. You'll notice quite a bit of progress from the last one I posted, as well as between the two. I'm getting close to being done with the Pope house because...well, a lot of it is more or less finished, and I don't have as much information about the areas that aren't.







As always, I recommend clicking for full-sized versions and then hitting the Back to the Flickr photo page links so you can see medium-sized versions with explanatory notes hovering over them, pointing out things in a more convenient way.

Last but not least...please don't hesitate to leave comments! =D I make a point of reading every single one I see, and I reply to most of them. Suggestions, compliments, insults, whatever you got, as long as it's truthful. Er...actually, ixnay on the insults. Today hasn't been the best of days for me. :P

[EDIT: I thought I should also mention that I'm continuing to post my own piano recordings of film scores and Disneyland music to my YouTube channel. I'd also like to point out that I've recently organized the videos into playlists—Piano Recordings, Disneyland Virtual Tours, and Blender Tutorials etc.—so it's easier to find what you're looking for.]

4 comments:

Luke said...

I really love the textures you use, Data! Just a quick question: How many sources of light are they in the sky?


Oh and... How do you get light to emit from the Indy queue light bulbs? Are they just transparent with lights inside or....?

Sorry about all the questions...

Datameister said...

Thank you very much! Never apologize for asking questions about the project. =D

I use just one lamp in the sky. It uses the "sun" setting so that all its light rays are parallel. That gives me strong, consistent shadows all over the model. Then I use Ambient Occlusion to create all those nice nuances in the shadows. Really bloats the render times, but it's worth it.

The Indy light bulbs...hehe, I cheated for those. There is, of course, an actual model of each light bulb and its fixture, but the Blender lamp itself hangs out just below the bottom of the bulb. It's a "close enough" approach that hasn't failed me yet. :P

Unknown said...

Dude, Can I get the .BLEND file for this? This is awesome and I would love to cruise around the park looking at your work.

Datameister said...

I'm really sorry, but I'm not quite ready to start distributing the .blend file yet. =( I may do it at some point in the future, but I'm sad to say my answers got to be a no for now. However, if there are any views you'd particularly like to see, let me know, and I'll do my best to please. :D