Monday, August 11, 2008

Backstage renders and HISTA & Space Mountain on piano

I'm still working on the various back-of-house areas to the northwest of the park. Lots of fun details to put on the rooftops, much of which I have photos of, due to my own photographic excursions around the outside of the park. (No, I haven't intruded into backstage! I just find the best onstage vantage points I can.) This first render is an overview of the whole area I've been working on. I have notes up on Flickr for this rather large render, so be sure to click this thumbnail to see the full-sized version before clicking Back to the Flickr photo page to see the smaller version with the notes.

This is just a view showing off some of the rooftop details on the cycle shop and, to a lesser degree, paint shop. The turbine ventilators were tough, but I'm glad I spent the time on 'em.



In other news, here are my piano recordings of the music for Space Mountain and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Various non-Disneyland film scores and so forth (e.g. the first Pirates movie and the Olympic theme) are also showing up on my YouTube channel, so don't hesitate to check those out, too.





If you're wondering when I'm going to start doing actual videos of the model again, don't worry—these piano recordings are not a replacement for those or anything. I just like to wait until I have enough new stuff to really make a worthwhile video about. I'm planning on doing a new one once I finish the staff shop, which is off the right of that first render.

7 comments:

Home Imagineering said...

At least it looks like when it comes to adding the crew vehicles to the site, you'll only need to make two and clone them all =)

Datameister said...

Yeah, hopefully... =D I dunno if I'll add the vehicles, though. We'll see.

C33 said...

Those piano arrangements are fantastic Joe! I've been wanting to arrange Space Mountain for piano, though it's been slow going since I don't play piano and can't read music either. Gotta start somewhere though. I've also been working on Seasons of the Vine.

Think you could share the music? Or perhaps do a tutorial video on how to play it?

C33 said...

PS- At least I can claim one contribution- the Space Mountain font you used was designed by me. :)

Datameister said...

Thanks so much! And thanks for the awesome font, too! I hope it's all right that I used it. =)

As far as sharing the music goes—someone else already asked me if I could write out the sheet music, and I agreed to at least do it for the lift hill music. It's still a work in progress, but I'll share it once it's ready. =D

Luke said...

Great work on those buildings, Data! Your attention to detail is superb!

Datameister said...

Thanks! =D