Thursday, August 7, 2008

Indiana Jones, Pirates, and Lost on piano

This is off-topic, but I thought I'd share it anyway. My other main activity besides reproducing Disneyland in 3D is arranging film scores, Disneyland attractions, and so forth for piano by ear. I've finally begun uploading some of these to YouTube. Unfortunately, I had to make do with audio recordings only, so all you'll see is a handsome title card made by yours truly. But it's better nothing. If you'd like to see these on YouTube directly, along with detailed descriptions, check out my channel.









There's a tenuous connection to the subject matter of this blog—"The Map Room: Dawn" includes parts that were adapted for the Disneyland attraction. (And three different statements of the Raiders' March are heard in the ride, too, though none of these are heard in the videos I've posted so far.)

Let me know what you think, especially if you have suggestions for improvement! (Other than the errors I've already mentioned on the YouTube pages.) Hopefully, I'll soon be uploading my renditions of the music for the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Indy of course. Oh, and Space Mountain. Maybe Splash Mountain...doubt it, though.

2 comments:

Luke said...

God, Data those are great! Is this guy talented or what? I'm a drummer myself but man, the piano is a tough instrument!!! Great work!!! : )

Datameister said...

Thank you very much! I really enjoy it; I go crazy if I don't get to play regularly, though I'm certainly no virtuoso. I'm planning on uploading more soon - hopefully tomorrow - so stay tuned!