Friday, August 22, 2008

First 3D Disneyland Photosynth test

Hi all! Photosynth is continuing to be very cool, and I've already done a proof-of-concept for creating a synth of my model. You'll be able to see it below if you're using Windows and if you download their viewer. (That second part is very easy.)



It's not very good, as far as synths go, but once I've rendered a lot more images, it'll work like a charm. Should allow anyone to explore my model in real-time, using fully-rendered images rather than the crappy preview one sees while actually working on the model.

6 comments:

Luke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke said...

Ooh Darn!!! Photosynth does not support the Mac Operating System!!! I wish I could could see these, Data! I'm sure they look fantastic!

AdamVonWillis said...

Oh wow... I am totally in love with Photosynth! I saw a demo of it a while back and I'm so glad it's finally out. I was just like you in first thinking about the possibilities in regards to Disneyland.

Keep up the good work!

Datameister said...

Thank you very much! Yeah, Photosynth is amazing. Unbelievable. I can't wait to see where the technology goes. =D

I hope you get a chance to get Windows for your Mac or Photosynth becomes available for the Macintosh OS soon, Luke! =(

Michael "You" Brindle said...

or, you can run wine

but, ew, microsoft.

Datameister said...

Hey hey hey...Microsoft has done plenty of things wrong, but Photosynth ain't one of 'em. The technology is amazing.

(And FYI...I've been a lifelong PC user, despite certain advantages I see in Macs, and it's been many years since I've encountered the BSOD...and crashes are extremely rare...but we digress... ;D)