So, I've got to admit...I am REALLY not a fan of using slow computers. I get very impatient, and the problem is of course enormously exacerbated when I try to use Blender or Photoshop or what have you. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to deal with my exasperation for a few weeks, since I'm stuck with a vastly inferior computer until shortly after New Year's. I believe I'm working with half the RAM and processor speed I'm used to, as well as a cheap video card. And the model was already starting to seriously frustrate my main computer! Just navigating through Splash Mountain is proving difficult. But...oh well. Hopefully, I'll still manage to get a fair amount done. I snuck into the exit of Splash Mountain when I was in the park a few weeks ago, taking lots of reference photos of the layout of the area. Turns out my blueprints aren't as inaccurate in that spot as I thought, but they're not perfect, and the shots are helping me figure out where everything goes. Maybe if we're lucky I'll get to post some renders of the area before too long.
In the mean time, here's a render from a week ago showing more details on the show building for Mickey's House. I'm not making this stuff up! As I said, the trip backstage was very informative. =D This stuff can be seen in aerial photos like this one, of course, but the resolution is too low to make out many of the details, so...you're welcome. ;) And I've accomplished more since I made this render, but showing it off hasn't been feasible yet.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome home, Joe.
Post a Comment