- Only 3 sets will be visible
- Only the 200 most recent images will be visible on my photostream
- The "original" sizes won't be visible - only up to the "large" versions
Mind you, these won't be completely deleted from Flickr's servers or anything. They just won't be accessible until I upgrade. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. If there are any renders you particularly like, it wouldn't hurt to save 'em to your hard drives before February arrives, just in case. =P
But enough of that! I have two new renders for those of you who haven't checked my Flickr photostream in the last few days.
This is the southeast corner of the It's a Small World show building, where a large red riser for the sprinkler can be seen. For a long time, I basically just had a red, vertical pipe that curved at the top to meet the building, without any real detail, and this bugged me, because I could catch a glimpse of further detail briefly from the railroad and in aerial photos such as this one. But I had never seen or taken a photo that provided the visual detail I needed to get it right, and I didn't want to waste my time inventing details that weren't there. So I took two high-res photos of the pipe with my telephoto lens when I was on the railroad almost two weeks ago - you can see them here and here. Those were crucial to me mimicking all the valves and junctions and so forth, and I think I've done a pretty good job. If you see anything wrong, let me know!
Then there's this shot, which depicts one of the areas I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours in when I was there on that same day. The rehearsal hall is in the center, with music and dance studios inside. I added that riser, which has similar (but not identical) details to the one on IASW, so I basically made a copy of it and modified it appropriately. What you don't see yet is the swirly design engraved into the walls of that building, but I'm working on creating that texture, including a large hidden Mickey that wraps around the left (northwest) corner. In front of the rehearsal hall is a parking lot where buses often park and musical groups warm up; note the drain a quarter of the way from the left, which seemed to have fallen fireworks shells in it when I was there. Then there's the show building for Mickey's House off to the right, with new details such as a bricklike texture that I was unaware of until I saw the building in person. Anyway, since I gathered a considerable amount of information about these sorts of areas while I was there, don't be surprised if you see more updates here in the near future.
EDIT: Apparently, the links to the two MiceChat threads in the box to the right weren't working, so I've fixed those. Just so ya know. =)
6 comments:
I'm lovin' that Mickey's House show building shot! I had no idea the building was that large. I checked out the aerial photos too. Pretty cool how well they hide that thing.
-Derek
Thanks! Yeah, it really is quite large - it looks a lot bigger in person.
Tahnks for the update! I probably won'y ever forget that MMD area, since it was my first venture backstage. Are you planning on putting in the firework towers in the area? They were in use when I was there, maybe they weren't when you visited, I don't know. Anyway, keep up the great work!
There are indeed a lot of fireworks mortars back there, including the towers. I'll probably end up putting in some representation of those eventually, but I don't think they're on my immediate to-do list. =)
You know you've gone mad when the appearance of a water supply tube bugs you till to the point of having to photograph the original and correct it =D
But hey, that's what makes this exciting!
Haha, I'm glad you get it! ;D
Post a Comment