Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finally, a new Indy render!

Hey all! For the first time this year, I have a new render for this blog! =D It's not a very big deal, actually, but it's better than nothing. Again, I'm so sorry I haven't been doing much lately, but perhaps this is a new beginning.

Anyway, due to some Indiana Jones construction photos turning up online (here and here), I've grown a bit in my understanding of the queue. This MiceChat thread deals a bit with my most important realization: the bat caves, spike room, and hall of descending blocks are not the only parts of the queue with earth above them! There's a short passage between the visible temple entrance and the obelisk chamber that's housed in a concrete, arch-shaped tunnel, very much like the one that contains the aforementioned underground parts of the queue. This had constituted a very small but significant gap in my knowledge about the queue, and once it came to my attention, it seemed too important to ignore. So here's what the area of the model NOW looks like. Still not complete, but it's more accurate than it was. Note the small flat roof between the temple and the berm in question. I believe this is now correct.

5 comments:

JP said...

All right way to go! I've been checking every couple of days and today didn't disappoint!

Very very cool.

Anonymous said...

Looks GREAT, Joe! Thanks for the update!

Datameister said...

Thanks, folks! :D

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

SWEET! Glad to see your back! Effort = Results. Take care Joe, hope to see more soon.

Anonymous said...

YES!!! You're back! Awesome update Joe!!! Funny thing, that section always reminds me of everytime I exit Indy, how someone could just hop up top that little ledge, slip past those boxes, and get right back in line. I've never done it, but I bet somebody has before