Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stairs from Pirates to Indy queue

Hello, all! Finally got another new render to post. I was in the park on Tuesday, and I totally freaked out when I saw this area at the end of the Pirates queue. I'd actually built some of this area in my model already...I just didn't know what it was. I had blueprints of it, but they said they were for Indy, and I couldn't read what else they said. Turns out it's a stairwell inside Pirates that leads into and above the Indy queue, as well as up to the Pirates tower. I recognized it when I saw it in the park, so I've been modifying what I'd built so it fits into the appropriate spot in the Pirates show building and adding stuff from other blueprints. Not too shabby!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

plz make more vedos for youtube i love thim they are cool.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hi Joe! Glad to see you made it to the park and had a great "sighting", I know that has to help the motivation!

You must be interesting to be at the park with; "Where's Joe? Oh, he's lurking in between attractions trying to see hidden stairs and walls" Heck, I'd be right there helping you "Joe, the coast is clear, go go go"....

Keep up the great work!

Datameister said...

Thanks, folks! Freddyfreak, I'd like to do more videos, but I've had some technical and logistical issues - also, I simply haven't been doing as much on the model this year, so there isn't much to show. But I'm sure I'll do more videos before too long!

VDT, I must admit, I did end up getting separated from my group one time last year because I got distracted by views of the first Pirates show building from the Indy queue. =D But I'm generally more careful and considerate than that. I let people know before I vanish to take weird photos. ;D

Home Imagineering said...

If this were just a CG model of a stairwell, I wouldn't take a second glance

But since it's a DISNEYLAND stairwell, I find myself riveted


I'm confused

Datameister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Datameister said...

Haha, yep, that's how it works. Isn't it great? =D

Anonymous said...

Show building...droool. Ha ha. I'm like that too. Looks just like a normal gray warehouse...but we know what's inside and that is intriguing.