Friday, June 19, 2009

More work on Pirates entrance

Well, I am just plowing forward with Pirates! Here's the texturing work I've been doing. The tile and brick textures are derived from photos I took in the park. There's also more and more detail appearing - as you can see, the walls in front now extend down to ground level. There's still a LOT to do, though. And I must confess, the whole thing is made somewhat more difficult and frustrating by the fact that my blueprint-ish source material is not wholly accurate. I constantly have to make adjustments to get it to more closely resemble the real thing. I think it's pretty dang close so far, though.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work! This is one of my favorite structures in Disneyland. Did you know that it's patterned after the Cabildo at Jackson Square in New Orleans? It housed the Spanish government when Spain held the Louisiana territory.

Datameister said...

I know, isn't it a gorgeous structure? =) I must say, though, I don't think it was based on the Cabildo...I looked up some photos, and the resemblance is pretty superficial. I mean, they both have cupolas on top, but that's about it.

Unknown said...

Holy CRAP that looks great!! DUDE!!! :D

Datameister said...

Haha, thanks! =D

Anonymous said...

Amazing textures, Joe!!

Datameister said...

Thank you! =D

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Alright Joe, cranking away at it! The Pirates building is looking awesome! I've spent many an hour at bendintheriver.net, pretty amazing stuff there, but it seems to focus more on the pure mechanics of things, your going way beyond that, heck, I can hear the pirate music when I look at your renders! Thanks and keep up the great work.

Datameister said...

Aww, thank you! Yeah, Jeff is doing an incredible job...the sheer scope of his project amazes me. He's got an insane level of detail throughout the Pirates "facility," with even more on the way. It feels kind of weird to be doing the same thing he's already done, but I'm enjoying it...trying to learn from what he's done, etc. I think I ought to drop him a line and thank him for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Looks very nice!!!

Datameister said...

Thank you!