Well, so much for that. =P Right around the time I obtained my new Indy resources, I realized I was going to need to get to work on another 3D project, one that's not really Disneyland related. This is an original project, actually - the concept is one I'm developing with a team of 9 others, and one of my tasks is to put it all together into a sweet model that would instantly make anyone go, "Yeah...let's build that." So I've been working at it a lot for the last week or two, and it's paying off...things are looking pretty great, and I'm learning a lot, but there's definitely a lot left to do. Once we've presented this project at Imagineering (!!!) in March, I'll probably post some renders and perhaps even some flythroughs, just for the sake of showing some of my original work, rather than keeping it to myself as I often do.
HOWEVER, once this project has come to its thrilling conclusion, I do intend to get back to work on the Indy queue. :)
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hey, that's awesome! Can't wait to see the final product. And if you need any photoshop or graphic design help, let me know, and I'm there, pro bono.
stefanrules.com
Well, I'm intrigued! An original attraction idea perhaps?
Can't wait to see it, Joe!
-Derek
Thanks, guys! Stefan, I took a look at your site, and your work is awesome! I'll let you know if I need anything. =D
This isn't quite an attraction, Derek, but it's a...non-theme-park-related work of immersive experience design. Basically an immersive indoor activity center that makes fitness a fun, engaging adventure rather than a chore. There would be almost 600 of these built across the U.S., to replace all the former Circuit City stores.
Your project sounds exciting and I'm glad to hear you're back doing 3d modeling. Can't wait to see what your latest project is
Ed
LOL! My local Circuit City is being turned into a 99-cent store. That's one big 99-cent store!
Are you doing the Imaginations program, if so good luck and make sure to keep us posted on how it goes, I hope to compete in that someday!
Thanks! I'm not currently doing ImagiNations, though I'm planning on it for next year. This project is for another opportunity that includes rather similar presentations in Glendale...I'm really looking forward to it!
You lucky dog - your work sounds exciting! That idea sounds super, I hope it gets the green light! Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm excited to hear about your Indy progress too, but first things first! Take care...
Thanks! Just to be clear, this isn't a project that's going to actually be built - it's just an exercise in the sort of creative process WDI is all about. But we're trying to approach it very much like a real-world design challenge, and I think the results are turning out pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to posting this. :)
Joe, you've constructed such an incredible model. I understand why you wouldn't want to release your hard work to the public domain but it sure would be so great if you would show it off in some more videos. I'm so intrigued by the backstage areas of the Haunted Mansion but it's sometimes hard to figure out what is what (and where is where) from your videos. I'd love to see a slower more detailed view of Pirates too. You owe us nothing, and I've gotten so much from what you've done already, but I'm sure many would be thrilled to have a few more detailed walk-throughs of the areas you've modeled so meticulously. I hope some day you'll consider it! Either way, thanks for everything!
Thanks, Animatronic! =) I'd love to help you out, but unfortunately, the software I used to create my videos is no longer working. :(
Post a Comment