Monday, April 21, 2008

Indiana Jones exit cave

I've now more or less finished the mouth of the cave through which guests exit Indiana Jones. As you can see, it's located back beyond the left side of the entrance temple, sandwiched between the queue structure on the right and rear and the berm on the left The design of all this is rather subtly clever—it prevents guests in line from focusing on all the people exiting the attraction, who've apparently survived the perils within. That would have been a problem if the exit were simply at the side of the temple, with people exiting right next to the entrance. But this design quietly reroutes people back out to where they got in line to avoid confusion and avoid bringing the incoming guests' focus to them.

You can also barely see the newly added stone snakes at the front of the temple, on the right side of the image, to the left of the colonnade.

Don't be fooled by the gap in the roof directly behind the cave, by the way. I just don't have enough information about that area yet. There will indeed be a very flat, very utilitarian, and very hidden roof covering that whole area.

You can see part of my process for building this cave in the following YouTube video, albeit sped up by more than four times and without any audio.

2 comments:

Daveland said...

VERY cool stuff; looking forward to seeing more...could save me on gas to Anaheim!

Datameister said...

Thank you very much! Keep on checking back, as I do update frequently. =D

On a different note, I wanted to say thanks to YOU--I've really enjoyed your blogs and photos, and some of them have even been valuable for reference for this very project. So thank you! I really appreciate it. (Wouldn't mind being mentioned in a post, by the way--the more visitors, the merrier. ;D)