Saturday, April 12, 2008

New YouTube tutorials

I've posted two new video tutorials on YouTube. They cover how to view Blender scenes in true 3D—i.e. they appear to pop out of the screen if you cross (or diverge, if you prefer) your eyes. These aren't entirely related to the Disneyland project, though the first one does start out with some stereoscopic views of the train tunnel into New Orleans Square Station. Enjoy!



6 comments:

Trader Sam said...

As much as I LOVE your video tutorials, they do lack just one very important thing: SOUND! The audio is so low, that I have to turn my computer's volume all of the way up. Even then, I have to sit in a quiet room to hear the audio clearly.

Pump up the volume so we can really enjoy these videos even more!

Please? ;)

Datameister said...

I know, I know. =( It bugs me, too. Unfortunately, the program I'm using stupidly refuses to turn the volume up any further, so it looks like for now, we'll just have to pump up the volume for YouTube, the operating system, and the speakers. Sorry! Wish I could fix it. :(

Trader Sam said...

Well, that's a bummer! What program are you using?

Datameister said...

I agree. D; I'm using Camstudio, which is a great free program...but nothing I do seems to change the volume level. I've experimented with multiple controls within the program AND with the operating system. No luck, sadly.

Trader Sam said...

I found that program last night, and I just tested the audio recording. It seems to work just fine for me. Could it be your microphone? A lot of microphones are really piss-poor for computers.

I have a headset (designed for Internet chatting), with mic, that is really sensitive, so it picks up my voice loud and clear. It also has a built-in feature that helps block out background audio. It's by Logitech ($12-15), and it is certainly the best microphone I've ever used. Although, the sound comes out of the computer speakers instead of the earphones like it's supposed to. Still, I wouldn't trade it in. Mine looks a little different than this, but it's the same basic design, price, and features.

Datameister said...

It doesn't seem to be the mic—I can record in Audacity and so forth without volume issues. It's not a very expensive microphone, to be sure, but I'm not sure it's the problem. Sigh...oh well. =(