Friday, April 11, 2008

Railroad view of the Indiana Jones show building

I enjoy the Disneyland Railroad for rather less noble reasons than those of its creator. Walt's lifelong fascination with the locomotive has a much more romantic feel to it than my bizarre love for backstage areas. But I can't do much about it, and the railroad offers some views of backstage I can't get anywhere else.

This is the sort of view of the Indiana Jones show building one can see between Main Street and New Orleans Square stations. (Also visible at the right is the second Pirates show building.) Behind us—where most people are looking—is another lip of the berm that hides the Jungle Cruise and part of the Indy queue and nearby backstage courtyard from us. But those in the know may find this view more interesting. Unfortunately, trees and foliage obstruct the view, and while it's possible to see through them due to the train's motion, they do make meaningful photography virtually impossible. That's not to say I haven't tried, though...






...and some of my knowledge about this area comes from the literally dozens of photos like these that I've taken and will take in the future.

If you'd like a more specific look at which areas of the render correspond to what areas of the attraction (or its queue, mostly), make sure to click it for a larger version. Follow the Back to the Flickr photo page link will allow you to see the "notes" hovering over the image.

No comments: